Whats new in Microsoft Dynamics NAV – 2016
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, the latest version of Dynamics NAV, has been released, offering more features that enable you to work in new and better ways. This release has also expanded some of the top experiences from the NAV 2015 release, including an app for smart phones. Now, you can truly take your system anywhere on any device—computer, tablet, or phone. New features of Dynamics NAV 2016.
- Dynamics NAV 2016 PricingOne of the first questions you may ask is, "How much does Dynamics NAV 2016 cost?" The answer is, it depends. Any ERP cost will be determined by a number of factors, including functionality needed and total number of users. And if you are upgrading Dynamics NAV, it also depends on what version you currently use.
- Posting Previewallows the user to view the impact that posting the document will have against all affected ledgers prior to posting. The preview is called by using a simple to use button (called “Preview Posting”) on the document (Sales, Purchases, Service Mgmt., General Journal, etc.). Posting Preview also allows you to drill into the entries and show related entries. All ledgers will be created once posted.
- Deferrals – Deferral AccountingAllows you to defer revenue and expenses over a pre-defined schedule. Available for Sales and Purchasing documents and General Journal. Prior versions of Dynamics NAV required separate entries, but now you can set up a template and create a deferral code that automatically defers out to appropriate posting dates.
- Word Forms and Email EnhancementsNAV 2016 comes with Word format defaults for customer statement and North America vendor remittance. Users can assign a Word format and email address by document type for each customer or vendor. Processing customer statements or vendor remittances will use the assigned format and email to send the document. Layout works whether users print or email the documents. This feature is accessed by navigating along the ribbon to “Document Layouts”. Included document types are Quote, Confirmation Order, Invoice, Credit Memo, and Customer Statement. This feature expands on the Word reports from 2015 to allow assignment of those formats to particular customers/vendors/documents.
- AzureMicrosoft Dynamics NAV 2016 will work natively with Azure SQL, which will allow for an enhanced “on-Azure” experience, bringing your business to the cloud. This option offers enterprise-level scalability and security and the ability for your software to grow along with your business while reducing maintenance costs.
- CRM OnlineAre you using Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Dynamics CRM? If so, upgrading to Dynamics NAV 2016 should be on your radar. NAV 2016 provides an out-of-the-box solution that makes integration easier with CRM online. With Dynamics NAV and CRM working together, you take full advantage of your data across every functional area of your organization.
- Power BINow, Dynamics NAV end users can connect a NAV instance to PowerBI.com and see a full business performance dashboard.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 is a business management solution for small and mid-sized organizations that automates and streamlines business processes.